Thursday, August 28, 2008

Slow Down, You're Moving Too Fast

I have been so busy, but things will get better. Drop in and spend a moment or two with me.
I am going to get back to writing at least three days a week. I need to get back into it. Sorry for the delay.

I have this short story that I am writing. It is a story for a contest and the subject is horror or scary story. I have been working on it for a week, but last night I did something really brave.

I read what I had written to my youngest daughter and son-in-law. needless to say, it is not always wise to read something to family, especially son-in-laws. After all, they married into the family. They are not "true blood."

You know how it goes. You really do not want a critique. You want gasps and "Oh my goodness" and "That is amazing." I did not get that. I got, "Why did you say that? Does that mean...Are you stupid?"

I did not tell them, but I skipped a couple of pages, in my reading, and said, "The End."

I got up, folded my story and put it on the shelf and did the next best thing. I went to the store and purchased something to eat.

Later, I finished off the ice cream in the freezer. it was Strawberry Cheese Cake. It made me feel better.

No comments: