Friday, August 8, 2008

Sorry for being gone so long

School is back in session. It is time to get going, again.
Sorry for being gone, but I had so much going on during June and July. I just did not have the time to blog that much. I was busy writing and other things.

What have I been up to?

I worked the first two week of June with a Kid's Program at the local Junior College. I will admit that I did it for the money. It was vacation money.

I had around 60 kids a day. We did a lot of Art stuff. It was fun. They seemed to enjoy it. We split the kids into three groups. 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6. I had 23 first and second graders.

I had an interview on local tv for my book "Sleepy Town."

I worked on a couple of Children's Stories. I am sending one off to a publisher today.

I wrote a Vampire Short Story and submitted it. I have not heard from it, yet.

I got some good news this past week. I sent a horror story to a magazine in the UK, and they liked it. It is going to be printed in their magazine. I also submitted an illustration that might be used. It is not a sure thing. The story is a sure thing. They do not pay royalties. They publish your story and send you a magazine. I will let you know how it goes. if interested, you will be able to purchase the magazine online.

I was asked to teach three Saturday classes on writing. The three classes will be "Writing Picture Books," "Creative Writing 001," and "writing for Children and Teens." They will be the third Saturday of the three months September, october, and November.

Look, I do not claim to know it all, but I have learned a bucket load of stuff. I mean a huge bucket load.

Check back tomorrow for an update. I should know something about the illustration by then.

Take care.

Randy

No comments: