Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I was born a rambling man

Ever have one of those days when your mind wonders? Ever have a day when you find it hard settling on any one thing? I am at that point right now, today. Read my ramblings and drop me a note. Hey, I would love to hear from you.

I work at a high school in Special Ed. I like it, well enough, but at this time of year, I get drained. Students are frustrated. Some have wasted time and they need to pass. Teachers are on that stead track, trying to get everything in that should be done. It is a race to the finish. As for money, I am an aide. That does not bring in a lot of money, but money is not everything.

It would be fun to have money and do special things with it. That would be a blast. Of course, being an author is not making me rich. Well, I take that back. I am rich. Many people do not get to enjoy something that they love and share it with others. I get to do that with writing. As stated before, I do not claim to be an expert.

Someone once said that an expert is a drop of water under pressure. In that case, I am a drop of water under pressure.

I have just written two short stories. One is a vampire story and the other is a horror story. I know, I know what some are thinking, "But, you write children's books." I know and maybe this is my way of going the other direction and taking a sabbatical or something. (Only this leave does not have pay that comes along with it.)

I want to start a web page, but I can not put a lot of money into it. It has to be pretty cheap. I am not a cheap guy, but I just do not have a lot of money to spend. I am looking for something inexpensive. Got any ideas?

I want something that I can arrange things on it and all. I do not want it to be a stamped image of a web page. I want it to be original.

I walked around the corner the other day and saw two 9th grade students kissing. It did not register, for a while. I guess I was stunned that they did not care what they were doing. I had books in my hand. I had to help a student, and I just did not have the time to say anything. I thought, "Watch next time and say something." I did not have time right then. Plus, the bell rung and they were off like a flash.

There is a student here that it in the 10th grade. She writes. I let her read my vampire story and she said, "You sound like an emo." I laughed. That was so funny. I did not mind. I have been around young people for so long, I forget that I am not one of them, I think.

More later...the bell just did its thing.

No comments: